Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Abby back in Action



It has been a week since Abby has been released from the hospital. She did have to visit the ER on Friday for a small seizure in her arm, but she was able to go home with some medication. Since she has been doing better. Abby is slowly back in action. Movies on Saturday, trips to walmart and even a short bike ride today. I'm so proud of her determination to get back on track. Her strict diet can get hard for her, can you imagine being 8 years old and not able to have pizza anytime you want. She does abide to her list of do's and dont's though. She is getting use to her shots and Dialysis is going real good. Since she has been home she has some chunky cheeks, but they are so cute! I call her Chiquita... When I call her Chiquita she calls me big mama.
The other day all of us were in the car driving home. Abby ask when she could have her transplant, I told her about her blood disorder having to be in remission for six months and the whole process. She did start crying since she thought it would be sooner, then Elisha her Lil bro told her "Abby it's OK with me, you can have my kidney so you won't be sad" It was the sweetest thing ever. He put a smile on her face.
On Sunday Abby was so excited to go back to church. She went to Base Camp at church and had fun. She got some special attention. She received a big poster board from the staff and friends from church, which is now hanging in her room. She was able to see Pastor Gary and April to thank them for praying for her. It was a awesome day for our whole family.
Abby has been very strong and her Independence keeps growing and growing. She is always so quick to offer help around the house. Tonight her daddy worked late, so she was helping me get her dialysis ready. She does her school work faithfully everyday. I've been slowly talking to her about returning to school once the doctor releases her. She's ready to go back, but she rather be home with me. She is very sweet to me, I need some of that sweetness to rub off on her and Elisha when their together. If fighting is the way siblings show each other love then they love each other a lot.
Everything Abby has gone through is for a reason, a reason we may not see to later. What we do know is God makes no mistakes. Children are a gift from God, He trust us with them. He knew Abby before she was in my womb and what she would become and all that she would have to endure to get there and He choose me to be her Mom, what a honor. As parents we are suppose to teach our children, but sometimes they teach some of life's greatest lesson.
Thank you all for following her blog and all your nice comments, it so sweet. Thanks to all of you who have sent cards and gifts. It always put a smile on Abby face.
"While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

2 comments:

  1. Abby, sooo happy you are home and doing better! It must be hard to have to wait for your new kidney, but just trust that God has a reason for the timing just like He has a reason for all of this you are going through. Even as an adult, I cannot imagine what you, as a child, are having to endure, but know this: you have inspired me and so many others more than you will ever know! Keep on trusting and loving and just being you. you are a blessing to us all. Love, Jessica from Cedar Ridge Dental

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, that is amazing your faith! Abby is so beautiful... I have shared this with our family and we are praying for her...your blog is inspiring and our Lord is so faithful..
    Isa. 41:10
    10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    ReplyDelete