Saturday, February 6, 2010

Who is Abby?



Who is Abby? Abby is my little girl, until recently was your typical 8 year old girly girl with a punch. Her very sweet, outgoing but I'm not a pushover attitude makes her loved by many. She most definitely has a eye for fashion, she actually has a better eye for it than some adults. Some of her favorite things to do are dance, swim, go to church, sing, and of course fight with her little brother Elisha. Her love for animals, inspires to be a veterinarian one day.
This last Christmas break, Abby was not getting to enjoy her break like other kids. She was not feeling good at all. After finishing up antibodics with no improvement, we took her to the ER. Never expecting what came next.
After some blood work, the Doctor came in and told us that Abby was severely anemic and her kidneys were not working. All kinds of questions and concerns ran through our minds. The doctor sent us to Cooks Children's Hospital so she could get the care she needed. I got to say being transported by ambulance scared me but Abby thought it was very cool. Once she was placed in ICU, the test of faith all began. Everyone treated her so sweet at Cooks. After many test, they found that Abby has End Stage Renal Disease, 90% of her kidneys do not function, caused by rare immune disease called microscopic polyangiitis. Basically her antibodies in her blood attacked her kidneys. 20 to 30 people out of a million get this rare disease. The plan is to get her blood disorder is on remission for six months, then Abby can be a candidate for a kidney transplant.
The next four weeks in the hosiptal, Abby has became my inspiration. She was poked and pricked so many times. Under went three surguries and became a expert at taking medicine. One night she told me Mom "When I grow up and have kids, I'm going to tell them how I got sick, and rode in the ambulance and was in the hosiptal. How everyone gave me flowers, ballons, gifts and my family and church prayed for me and I got better." She didn't know how much faith she injected into me that day. Another night she was having a bad day and felt yucky. I told her I wished I could be sick instead of you. she said "No mom, its okay, I don't want you or anyone to feel this bad." After many weeks of procedures and test Abby finally got to go home.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thank you Memo & Bridgette for sharing such an inspirational story of courage, faith, & love! God is so good and you truly are blessed with wonderful children. We walk with Abby, we walk with you... and God walks with us all! (G.L.A.D.R. - George, Laura, Amorina, Daniel, & Rebekah) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg bridget and memo my prayers are with you and your family. Abby is an inspiration to me and our family. I love you guys and rememeber if He is a miracle working God..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud to be Abby's dad. She inspires me everyday!I love her so much. I know God has a migthy plan for her and thats why she is going thru all this. One day she going to be used in a Migthy way for the glory and honor of God! plz keep her in your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby is in our prayers, people from all over the world are praying for her. Abby is an inspiration to many, and we will continue to pray for her until she is well. God is good and the power of prayer is amazing. Meagan misses Abby dearly and can't wait to see her again, tell Abby hello for Meagan, Morgan and Macy, and they are praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOU ABBY GET BETTER BABY GIRL GENESIS MISSES YOU AND WE DO TOO !!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS ALWAYS I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog is very touching.. We will continue to pray for you Abby! Prayer moves the hand of God!
    God see's your heart. You are a beautiful little girl with the calling of God upon your life! God has Greatness for you! Through this God is making you stronger and stronger! Your miracle is right around the corner!
    We love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not stopped praying for this precious little girl. It reminds me that miracles do still happen and I love the fact that this little angel is bringing so many of us together in prayer. Bridget thank for your strength through all this. We will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To believe is to know
    that every day is a new beginning.
    It is to trust that miracles happen,
    and dreams really do come true.

    To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,
    to know the wonder of a stardust sky,
    and the wisdom of the man in the moon.

    To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,
    the innocence of a child's eyes,
    and the beauty of an aging hand;
    for it is through their teachings we learn to love.

    To believe is to find the strength and courage
    that lies within us when it is time
    to pick up the pieces and begin again.

    To believe is to know we are not alone,
    that life is a gift,
    and this is our time to cherish it.

    To believe is to know that wonderful surprises
    are just waiting to happen,
    and all our hopes and dreams
    are within reach...
    "If only we believe"

    Your REALTORS & your friends,
    RON & Aloyce Williams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her strenght and courage is deeply inspiring. We pray that the strenght she and your family has never ceases. Wisdom of her caregivers, and Healing for you all.
    God's Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete