Tuesday, February 23, 2010

She is just special

Abby is having a rough week. She was on her way home in a few days. Yesterday morning after her morning medicines she had a allergic reaction to one of her medicines. Poor thing started vomiting, her eyes and lips swelled up, she got weak, her throat felt like it was about to swell up, then her blood pressure dropped. She was sent down to ICU to get stable. There was talk of her being put back on a ventilator again since her throat was closing. They were able to get her stable with medications and no ventilator, Thank God! They figured out what medicine caused the reaction and she was stable.

This morning she was still stable just very sleepy. She had gotten orders to get out of ICU and go back to a regular room. However, she started vomiting, throat closing, no swollen face but her blood pressure dropped so low and so quick, they started on IV medicine's again. It took a while for her blood pressure to get stable again, but it finally did. Now that she has this allergy, she is limited to what blood pressure pills she can get. The reaction is usually caused by a gene disorder. She actually has a lot of test out right now and we are waiting for the results. The gene disorder is very rare. Her Dr. said she has weird things going since her blood disorder is rare too but me and Memo say she is just special.
I will be honest the last two days have been hard for Abby and for us. She seemed so weak and fragile. I was real discouraged but only for a minute. My friend told me she just delicate and she has to be handle like a delicate treasure. My grandma called me and told me to put her in God's hand and He will be good. My sister's Christina and Rosie, told me she's a fighter and will be fine. My other friend told me she has unusual things going on, so when God heals her no one can take the credit but HIM. That's the boost of faith I needed.
Yesterday, her throat was hurting so much she would write stuff down instead of talking. The first thing she wrote was where is my dad then when Memo got here, she wrote where is Elisha? We don't bring Elisha when she is in ICU, so I reminded her about that, then I ask her do you miss him. She wrote just a little. Typical big sister. When her lips swelled up all the nurses told her people pay a lot of money to get there lips that big and you got them for free. After a lot of sleep, Abby got up this afternoon and slowly is acting herself again. She watched Animal Planet and of course George Lopez. She finally looked at me and smiled just a few minutes ago. I haven't seen that smile since Sunday. That smile let's me know she is okay! That smile gives me peace and she is so pretty when she smiles.
She will probably be in ICU for a few more days as they get all these issues worked out. We know she's at the best place with the best doctors and staff. Continue to pray for her health. She might of had a set back this week but she will get through it!
I wanted to thank her School Patterson Elementary, teacher Mrs. Hicks and friends for being so supportive. They sent her a huge Valentine box full of goodies. Her class is wearing green bracelets bands for her and they sent her a big card today that made her so happy. Many of the teachers and parents have been so supportive and it's a blessing to our lives, we are touched by your kindness so thank you.
Thank You to all her followers and all those who pray for her. I'll keep you updated on her progress.
"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment